TRICK OR TREAT \\ Let’s Break This Down
October 12, 2018
I’ll be honest, growing up I wasn’t the biggest Halloween fan. I was never fond of the costume parties, candy gorging, trudging through sideways rain or sharing your candy with your younger siblings… the list goes on-and-on.
But as the season quickly approaches, the warm sunny weather vacates (or at least I think it will at some point), and skies turn a little wetter and grayer…. let me reflect on what Halloween (and more importantly fall) now means to me:
Let’s start with the work side of things:
- Coding in the dark for a solid half day
- End of the year project pushes and deployments
- Expanding and managing teams to meet the deadlines, along with multiple site and product launches
- Why doesn’t this work on Internet Explorer 11?
- Celebrating the wins, the people and the opportunities
- Reflecting and grow from the challenges
- Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork
And then a little of a “rest of life-centric” focus:
- Lamenting the loss of the daylight
- Hockey season starts (feeling I may be in the minority here, please see this handy link for a primer)
- Soggy Bike commutes
- Soups and stews all day
- Reluctantly retiring the shorts for the season
- Restocking the hoodie collection
- More red wine please
- More white wine please
- The “getting another dog” conversation kicks up a notch (actually really looking forward to this one)
Life goes by at a lightning pace – enjoy the season change, be proud of the great work we’ve done… and partake in a Halloween party or three. Our days are constantly filled with both tricks and treats – learn and grow from it, that’s life in all it’s glory.
Written by R\West Technical Director, Dan Eckis